Monday, September 20, 2010

In Happier News

Yesterday I started a batch of sauerkraut and ginger carrots. DD helped hammer down the cabbage to extract its juices. It's the perfect preschooler kitchen job. ;) Now they sit in the corner of the kitchen for a few days. I'll probably taste them tomorrow to see how they're doing.

I had an MNO last night (Mom's Night Out) but I still made the rotiserrie chicken for DH and DD. Then, when I got home, I pulled the meat off and threw the carcass in the crockpot with an onion, some celery and carrots overnight. The house smelled great this morning!

Now the sausage soup is going for lunch then I'll use the remaining stock and leftover chicken for arroz con pollo tonight.

I managed to score some andouille sausage at the farmers market. I'm planning some red beans and rice soon. :)

No comments: