Monday, April 8, 2013

It's Monday!

I have not been so "good" at sticking to my plan. I put it in quotes because nobody is perfect and I am trying hard to be rid of the perfectionism that plagues so many of us. I've still managed to get some great nutrition into my body however I have allowed some not-very-nutritious foods in. That is the difficult part to eating differently than your family. :) Sometimes the decisions are conscious, other times it is so easy to mindlessly reach for whatever is in the bag right next to me. Thankfully I have been on Facebook more than usual lately (and this is about the only time you'll see me say THAT!) because there's a deal in the paleosphere. For $39 you can get a ton of e-books as well as some meal plans! I picked the Acne meal plan from Nell but it's full of olive oil and flax meal and flax seed oil. After reading Skintervention I like using a variety of oils and more than chicken and fish so I don't know if I'm going to end up using it. However, Mark's Daily Apple has a meal plan for $9.99/month that you get one month for $0.01. I got my first week in my email and all the recipes look great. There is TONS of variety - eggs, chicken, bison, beef, lamb and you can use any "oil" you wish which allows me to have variety there as well. My skin has broken out. I expected this especially as my period came around in the middle of my detox period. Thankfully straight tea tree essential oil is doing the trick on spot treatments. It's not overnight but I can definitely tell a difference after using it at night and checking back in the morning. It Starts With Food. We have a wedding to go to on Saturday and I'd like for my skin to be as clear as possible so I have a goal in mind. Since your skin replenishes quickly I should see results fairly soon. Dinner last night was a grill bonanza. We had steak with Northwoods seasoning (for me), burgers/hotdogs (for them, but there are two patties minus cheese for me for leftovers), asparagus, artichokes (with homemade mayonnaise), grilled potato wedges (I had a few :)) and homemade guacamole. Breakfast this morning was two scrambled eggs in coconut oil, sauteed grape tomatoes in olive oil with garlic powder, onion powder and Fines Herbes seasoning, and leftover guacamole. I also had a cup of coffee with coconut milk and took my Royal Blend CLO/Butter Oil. I did sneak a couple of the chocolate mini donuts everyone else ate for breakfast (I need to be accountable) but my husband, for the first time, took the bag away from me. I was so thankful for that. :) On the homeschooling front we are still deschooling. I have all of the windows open (it's supposed to be 75 degrees here today!) and it's still 79 degrees inside. April 8th is too soon for the air conditioner! ;) We will be going outside in a little bit to work in the garden. I have another garden bed to fill and mulch to spread and peas to plant. Science and experiential learning for the win! In the afternoon we'll be heading into the kitchen together to cook. We're making Sweet Potato Banana Donuts, ground beef and ground venison jerky, and kale chips. I also need to marinate my chicken for the grill tonight which requires cutting it into pieces. I need to figure out veggies. I am thinking about brussels sprouts. :) Since I'm back to talking about food, I think I have decided to follow the Mark Sisson Primal Blueprint Meal Plan. My husband might even like some of the items listed. Wish me luck!

No comments: