Thursday, April 18, 2013

Primal Blueprint Meal Plan

Tonight's dinner was the start of the Primal Blueprint Meal Plan that I purchased with that $39 dollar deal. I sent it over to my husband to see what he thought and he said the meals looked like good options. I made Moroccan Chicken with Cauliflower Rice (he and the kids had basmati rice). I had 4 extra chicken thighs so I just tossed 'em in and I'm glad I did! The chicken is delicious. I loved the whole thing, I literally drank the last bits of soup out of my bowl. Will. make. again.

My skin is HORRIFIC. I'm thinking about taking pictures so that I have a before set. I am hoping that this meal plan (which does include some dairy and sugar in the chocolate) will work as well as the Whole30 did for my complexion. A Whole30 is too strict for my husband, even just for 30 days, but if he enjoys these options then it's a win in my book.

The meal plans come in every Tuesday so that you have time to go to the store, and the meal plan goes Sunday to Saturday. The trouble is that my Washington's Green Grocer delivery comes in Thursdays and I do my grocery shopping on Wednesdays so it is taking a little juggling, looking at the first meal plan to see what I need for the rest of THIS week and next week's meal plan to make sure I get the stuff for the beginning of NEXT week. Thankfully they've got each of the ingredients on the grocery list labeled with the numbers that correspond to the meals. That way I can go through the grocery list and know that I need to purchase the ingredients for 16-28 of this week and 1-15 of next week. Then I have to figure out the best deal for each item and plan to purchase items from my farmer (which I have to plan a week in advance). That's due on Thursdays. But this week I have it figured out and I just have to make sure I'm paying attention on Tuesday next week. ;)

1 comment:

Eggies said...

I'd probably do well to start using some kind of a meal plan, but with all my restrictions and limitations no meal plans I can buy seem to work for me! Any ideas?